Head torches for at home: all-round and versatile
In and around the house a head torch will always be useful. When you are walking the dog or during hands-free maintenance jobs. It is wonderful to always have two hands free while you are working on something in the dark. Head torches for at home should be easy to use, rechargeable and, preferably, not too expensive. We have listed a couple of popular head torches.
Head torches when you are walking your dog
When you are walking your dog in the dark it is great to use a head torch. As a result you will have your hands free to hold the leash, but also when you are cleaning up after your pooch it is nice to have your hands free. And, don’t forget your safety! With a proper head torch others will also be able to see you. The fact that you can even keep an eye on your dog from a distance is an added bonus!
- Maximum of 600 ANSI lumens, minimum of 4 ANSI lumens
- Focusing light beam so you can switch between nearby and far away
- Rechargeable via the built-in battery
- Headband with reflection strips for additional visibility
- Very compact, you can simply store it in your coat pocket to make sure you will always have it close
± 2 weeks£54.95
- Maximum of 300 ANSI lumens. Minimum of 1 ANSI-lumen
- An individual control button for each LED light
- Including red light for additional visibility
- Including two alkaline batteries
Head torches for maintenance jobs
During maintenance jobs around the house it is important to have a compact light around that can hold its own. After all, you could bump your head and the torch could fall. The light output needs to be adjustable to make sure you won’t blind yourself by a light that is too bright up close, but also at a distance you need enough power to quickly find your tools and other materials.
± 3 days£59.95
- Maximum of 500 ANSI lumens, minimum of 4 ANSI lumens
- Rechargeable with the included 16340 battery
- Comfortable silicone case and sustainable aluminium casing
- Can also be removed from its case and used as an individual flashlight, and can stand upright
Head torches as an emergency light
During a black-out it is always useful to have a head torch at hand. As such you will have both hands free to change a fuse, or play some cards to kill the time. Having a light close during a black-out means that you don’t have to start looking for batteries first. For this reason we chose torches that work with CR123A batteries. After all, you can leave those out for over ten years without them leaking or draining.
± 3 days£32.95
- Maximum of 240 ANSI lumens, minimum of 4 ANSI lumens
- Works with one AA battery
- Comfortable silicone holder
- Lamp is 180 degrees adjustable