The LifeStraw Steel Personal 2-stage water filter makes it easy to filter water on the go. Drink directly from puddles and running water with this filter. This version is an extended, more robust version of the LifeStraw Personal filter. In addition to the usual water filter, this version also has a second filter. A carbon filter that reduces chlorine, taste and pesticides. A carbon filter is effective for about 100 litres, then replace it. The housing of the filter is made of steel, an extremely durable and sturdy material.
What does this LifeStraw
- Bacteria filter: 99,9999% (LOG 6 reduction). This LifeStraw filters, among other things, E.Coli bacteria from water.
- Protozoa: 99.9%(LOG 3 reduction). Protozoa is a collective term for single-celled parasites. Common protozoa that this LifeStraw successfully filters out of water are Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- Viruses: unfortunately, this filter does not remove viruses from the water.
- Chlorine: this chemical irritates breathing, eyes and skin. In a very low dose it can also be used to disinfect water. This filter removes chlorine from the water, the longer the carbon filter gets the chance to filter the water, the more chlorine is filtered out of the water.
- Smell and taste: although not always harmful to you, when water has a strange aftertaste you do not drink it with a comfortable feeling. It's a good thing the carbon filter reduces this.
- Pesticides and herbicides: These are chemical pesticides used in food production. These end up in water through rainfall, among other things. Although often not directly harmful, prolonged exposure can be harmful.
Cleaning the water filter
When the primary filter is saturated with dirt, it is impossible to suck water through it. Blow air into the filter through the nozzle to blow dirt out of the filter again. If this is no longer possible, the filter must be replaced.
Help yourself, help someone else
Tackling world problems is in LifeStraw's DNA. In 2014, LifeStraw launched the 'Follow the Liters' programme. In it, LifeStraw makes the commitment that for every LifeStraw that is sold, a schoolchild in a developing country is helped to get clean drinking water for a whole year!