The Fenix Tk26R flashlight is an excellent tactical flashlight for law enforcement purposes. You can, however, also use this light while hunting or when controlling traffic. This powerful flashlight has a maximum light output of 1500 lumens and a beam distance of 350 meters. Because the light is enhanced with three colours: white, red and green, it is also an incredibly versatile light. And all that in combination with one 18650 Li-Ion battery.
How to use the Fenix TK26R
The Fenix Tk26R has three switches in total. The back of the light contains two switches. A tactical switch to turn the light on and off. And one switch to select the desired white light mode. You also use this second switch to activate the instant stroboscope function.
The third switch is placed on the head of the light. You use this switch to control the red and green light. As such picking the right colour will be a piece of cake. The red light is great to maintain your night vision, even in combination with night-vision goggles. The green light is great if you need to read a map at night.
White light modes on the Fenix TK26R
- Turbo: 1500 lumens, burn time of approx. 1 hour and 25 minutes
- High: 350 lumens, burn time of approx. 4 hours and 40 minutes
- Medium: 150 lumens, burn time of approx. 10 hours and 50 minutes
- Low: 10 lumen, burn time of approx. 100 hours
- Strobe: 1500 lumens
Red and green light mode on the Fenix TK26R
- Red: 150 lumens, burn time of approx. 4 hours and 20 minutes
- Green: 200 lumens, burn time of approx. 5 hours and 10 minutes
Charging the TK26R
The built-in USB-C port is great. Compared to the standard Micro-USB port the USB-C will quicker and more safely charge your light. This port, however, was also designed as such to make sure it is completely waterproof. Even if the cover isn't completely closed.
The third switch contains a charging indicator. When charging the light will clearly tell you when it is fully charged. The indicator will namely turn green. However, even when you turn the light on this indicator will always show you what the status of the battery is. This only works in combination with a Fenix 18650 Li-Ion battery.
- Constant green: 100% - 85% power
- Flashing green: 85% - 50% power
- Constant red: 50% - 25% power
- Flashing red: 25% - 1% power