This Fenix HL55 offers an optimal balance between weight and performance. In the high mode this head torch has a light output of 420 lumens, but by using the burst-mode you have 900 lumens at your disposal. This burst-mode offers you just that little bit of extra light and switches off automatically after 30 seconds. The battery is placed in the torch itself so you do not have to carry a battery pack on your belt or in your inner pocket. By means of the button at the side you can select the four light settings of which the eco-mode provides you with 10 lumens during 150 hours. And all of that with only one 18650 battery or two CR123A-batteries.
The elastic bands can be easily adjusted and you can choose yourself, depending on the situation, if you also want to use the band around your head. The torch can be rotated 180 degrees and the high quality aluminium housing ensures for the heat to be properly disposed.
5 years warranty on material and manufacturing errors
- LED: Cree XM-L2 T6 with a lifespan of 50.000 hours
- Change light settings by means of the click switch
- Hardened, ultra-bright glass lens with coating against reflection and a metal reflector. This reflector is provided with a special coating for improved light output.
- 5 light settings:
- Eco (10 ANSI lumens, 150 h)
- Low (55 ANSI lumens, 30 h)
- Mid (165 ANSI lumens, 10 h)
- High (420 ANSI lumens, 3 h 45 min.)
- Burst (900 ANSI lumens, 30 sec each time)
- Remembers the light setting selected last
- Thermal overheating protection
- Protected against incorrect placement of the battery
- Adjustable elastic head band(s)
- Head band is long enough to attach to a helmet
* The indication of the light output is according to the ANSI / NEMA FL 1-2009 standard. This means the values may be lower than older indications. Obviously this lower value does not affect the light output of the torch. The advantage of the ANSI / NEMA FL 1-2009 standard is that the values can be properly compared and provide a realistic image of the daily practice.