This HP40F by Fenix is based on the popular HP25 head torch but optimised for fishermen who want to be able to see what they are doing during the night, without scaring away the fish. The blue LED of this fish-friendly head torch, which can be adjusted in three positions, ensures that you are in complete control, also at night. In addition the white LED with a maximum of 450 lumens offers a pleasantly spread beam. These two LEDs can be separately controlled and by pressing the button of the white LED during 3 seconds, you activate the SOS-mode. In this position the LED flashes at 180 lumens. Moreover, the torch is waterproof according to the IPX-6 standard and therefore resistant to heavy rain.
You can attach the battery pack to your belt so you do not have to carry the weight of a battery on your head. For your comfort, it is possible to guide the cable running from the torch to the power source through the plastic clip at the back of the head band so it won't be in the way. You can also attach the upper head band to this clip. By means of the four LEDs on the battery holder you can easily check how much power you have left. The USB-port ensures that you can also, for example, charge a telephone using the battery pack.
- LED: Cree XP-E2 (M3) and XP-G2 (R5) LEDs with a lifespan of 50.000 hours
- Separate LED for blue light and a separate LED for white light
- Switches can be covered with a lid in order to make undesired operation impossible
- The torch can be tilted forwards up to 60 degrees
- Hardened, ultra-bright glass lens with coating against reflection and a metal reflector. This reflector is provided with a special coating for improved light output.
- White, 5 light settings:
- Low (8 ANSI lumens, 280 h)
- Mid (65 ANSI lumens, 48 h)
- High (180 ANSI lumens, 15 h 10 min.)
- Turbo (450 ANSI lumens, 6 h)
- SOS (180 ANSI lumens)
- Blue, 3 light settings:
- Low (12 ANSI lumens, 32 h)
- Mid (28 ANSI lumens, 14 h)
- High (50 ANSI lumens, 8 h 30 min.)
- Thermal overheating protection
- Protected against incorrect placement of the battery
- Head band is long enough to attach to a helmet
- Length x width x height: 8.9x7.4x2.6 cm (battery holder)
* The indication of the light output is according to the ANSI / NEMA FL 1-2009 standard. This means the values may be lower than older indications. Obviously this lower value does not affect the light output of the torch. The advantage of the ANSI / NEMA FL 1-2009 standard is that the values can be properly compared and provide a realistic image of the daily practice.