The NiteCore TM26 QuadRay Tiny Monster is an extremely powerful torch. The TM26 is exceptionally compact and boasts many ingenious features. That’s why it is called Tiny Monster. The 4 integrated lamps are equipped with 4 x XM-L2 LEDs. Together, these reflectors produce 3,800 ANSI lumens. This is an enormous amount of light, comparable to the light produced by the headlight of a car. Four 18650 batteries fit into the TM26 but it already works on 2 batteries. The batteries can be recharged in the torch using the 220 V or 12 V adapters that come with it.
The torch features a screen, which displays all the important information, such as, the current brightness mode including the output in lumens, battery voltage, battery status, runtime in hours in the current mode and the temperature. You can access this information by using the switch on the side of the display screen. You can even see when the torch is in the lock-out mode. All the information you need is always at your fingertips.
The Tiny Monster has a fairly wide beam, which means that you get a clear view of the area on which you are focusing your light. Due to the strength of the torch, the throw is no less than 445 metres, according to the ANSI standard.
The Tiny Monster comes equipped with an innovative two-stage switch (comparable to the camera shutter button) for full operation of the torch:
- Press the switch all the way down to turn the maximum mode on and off.
- Press the switch partway down to run through the various brightness modes.
- Press the switch partway down and hold to activate the Momentary On mode. Release the switch to turn the light off.
- Press the switch all the way down twice in quick succession to access the strobe mode.
- When switching off the light, press the switch all the way down and hold to enter the lockout mode. To exit the lockout mode, once again, press the switch and hold for a couple of seconds.
Around the switch is a luminous ring which flashes once every 3 seconds, making it easy to locate the torch in the dark.
Just play around with the torch and you will soon discover that it is really simple to operate. It is a very comprehensive and ingenious torch that produces an unprecedented amount of light.
Turbo (3,800 ANSI lumens, 45 min) High (1,850 ANSI lumens, 2 hours 30 min), Mid (600 ANSI lumens, 8 hours 15 min), Low (150 ANSI lumens, 48 hours), Lower (3 ANSI lumens, 1,000 hours) (values when using 4 x 18650 batteries)