The NiteCore P20 UV has, as the name implies, a UV function. For example, the UV light can be used to detect stains and such, but also to check for counterfeit money and many other applications. The torch has two switches on the back. One switch is just the tactical switch which we all know. The other switch serves as a mode switch and is also easy to operate with gloves on. By pressing and holding the mode switch you switch directly to the strobe.
The flashlight is equipped with three different operation modes: tactical, law enforcement and general. Each have their own presets for the available light strengths. This ensures that this torch can stand his ground in many different situations.
3 light modes and strobe:
On one 18650-battery:
- Low (70 ANSI lumens, 15 h 30 min)
- Mid (400 ANSI lumens, 5 h 45 min)
- High (800 ANSI lumens, 3 h 30 min)
On two CR123a-batteries:
- Low (80 ANSI lumens, 8 h)
- Mid (400 ANSI lumens, 2 h 30 min)
- High (800 ANSI lumens, 1 h 30 min)
* The indication of the light intensity is according to the ANSI/NEMA FL 1-2009 standards. This means that the values may be lower than former values . Naturally, this lower value has no consequence for the light intensity of the torch. The advantage of the ANSI/NEMA FL 1-2009 standards is that the values can be compared with each other and give a real picture of the actual light intenstiy.