The NiteCore TM15 Tiny Monster is a relatively compact torch with an incredibly high maximum light output of 2,450 ANSI lumens. This is comparable to the amount of light produced by the headlight of a car. The Tiny Monster has 3 x Cree XM-L LEDs and is powered by 4 x 18650 batteries or 8 x CR123A batteries. In an emergency, it can also use 1 x 18650 battery or 2 x CR123A batteries.
This version of the Tiny Monster distinguishes itself from the TM11 model by using the adapter that comes with the torch to recharge rechargeable batteries. Its light output is also greater, which means that its beam throw is greater, too.
The Tiny Monster produces a spill beam, which means that it illuminates a large portion of the area but only at a short distance.
The Tiny Monster features an innovative two-stage switch (comparable to a camera shutter button) for full operation:
- Press the switch all the way down to switch on and off.
- Press the switch halfway down to access the various modes. When you switch off the torch, it will retain the last mode when pressed halfway down.
- Press the switch halfway down and hold it to access the ‘momentary on’ mode. Release the switch to turn the light off again.
- Press the switch all the way down twice in quick succession to access the strobe mode.
- Press the switch all the way down and hold it to enter the lockout mode. This mode is reached when the torch goes on for a brief moment. To exit the lockout mode, press the switch three times in quick succession.
Around the button is a luminous ring that flashes every 3 seconds. This clever feature makes the torch easy to find in the dark. However, it does not work when the torch is in the lockout mode.
In addition to this, the luminous ring gives a warning when the torch is half empty or almost completely empty. The voltage of the batteries is also shown whenever the torch is in the lockout mode.
It may all sound rather complicated but if you play around with your torch, you will soon become familiar with all its functions. This torch is a complete, ingenious product with an enormous light output.
Turbo (2,450 ANSI lumens, 1 hour), High (1,300 ANSI lumens, 3 hours 10 min.), Mid (570 ANSI lumens, 8 hours 20 min.), Low (300 ANSI lumens 16 hours 30 min.), Lower (95 ANSI lumens, 52 hours)
5-year warranty on material and construction defects