The NiteCore TM28 QuadRay Tiny Monster is a very powerful lamp. The TM28 is very compact and packed with smart features. It's for a reason that its name is Tiny Monster. The 4 integrated heads are enhanced with 4 Cree XHP35 LEDs. Together they produce 6000 ANSI Lumens. That's an enormous amount of light, comparable to twice the headlight of a car.
This NiteCore TM28 is the updated version compared to the 'old' TM26. The 4 new LEDs may produce a little less lumen, but the range has been increased considerably. From 445 meters to 655, according to the ANSI standard.
The lamp contains a display where all important information can be read: the current light mode including the light output in lumens, the battery voltage, a battery indication, the burn time in hours in the current mode and the temperature of the lamp. With the button next to the display you can go through the different positions. The battery voltage can also be read when the lamp is switched off. Even if the lamp is in the lockout position, this is shown on the display. All information is always at hand.
Operating the NiteCore TM28 QuadRay Tiny Monster
The NiteCore TM28 is equipped with an innovative 2-step button (similar to the shutter release button of a camera) for full control of the lamp:
- Pressing it all the way down switches the maximum setting on and off.
- By pressing the button halfway you walk through the different light modes.
- If the button is pressed halfway, use the momentary on mode. The lamp turns off as soon as the button is released.
- A quick double press turns the strobe mode on.
- When the switch is turned off, keeping the switch pressed down switches the lock on. Unlocking is also done by keeping the switch pressed down.
Around the button is a luminous ring that flashes every 3 seconds in standby mode to easily find the lamp in the dark. Just play with the lamp and it turns out to be very easy to work with. It is a very complete, well thought-out lamp with an enormous light output.
Light output of the NiteCore TM28 QuadRay Tiny Monster
Modes (on 4x IMR18650 batteries)
- Ultra low (2 ANSI lumens, 1000 h)
- Low (320 ANSI lumens, 11h 15 min)
- Mid (1000 ANSI lumens, 4h 30 min) Mid (1000 ANSI lumens, 4h 30 min)
- High (2300 ANSI lumens, 2h)
- Turbo (6000 ANSI lumens, 45 min)
Modes (on 4x 18650 batteries, 2h)
- Ultra low (2 ANSI lumens, 1000 h) Low (320 ANSI lumens, 1h)
Low (320 ANSI lumens, 1000 h). For this purpose, Nitecore provides an additional connector plate that you can place between the batteries and the contact points.
The NiteCore TM28 QuadRay Tiny Monster has been tested.
This flashlight has been tested alongside a number of other floodlights.