The chef's Choice model 120 is a professional electric knife sharpening machine.
The machine uses metal wheels with diamond coating in step 1 and step 2 of the sharpening process, step 3 uses a special polishing wheel for the finish. In a very short time you will regrind as well as sharpen and polish your knives with this machine. The machine can be used for both knives with a plain and serrated edge. Special resilient knife conductors automatically adjust the angle of the wheels, which means that there is nog need for guessing and mistakes anymore.
Additional product information:
The Chef's Choice model 120 knife sharpening machine is a precision device, which is designed to sharpen your precious knives correctly and guarantee a long life span. The machine works significantly better than a normal sharpening steel or sharpening stones. In the average household you will find at least five knives and the costs of a professional sharpening service can add up pretty quickly. Brandless electric knife sharpeners often do more harm than good, and may blunt your blades. Or worse, destroy them.
The Chef's Choice electric knife sharpeners are the only machines that are recommended by professionals as well as leading professional chefs.
They are probably the best on the market these days. Here is why we think so:
- The model 120 sharpens knives in all price categories and market segments, and has no problems with even the hardest alloys.
- Step 1 creates the correct grinding angle, step 2 and 3 refine and polish the edge.
- Even though the ultra-fine, flexible wheel in the last step removes very little material, this is the most important step in achieving the actual sharpness.
- Once you've used a Chef's Choice, you don't need a sharpening steel anymore. Because of a lack of conduction, the chance of blunting your knife with the steel, is greater than the chance that you will manage to increase the sharpness of the refined edge made on the machine.
- The grinding wheels will last for a very long time with normal domestic use. If however, after many years of faithful service, they will start to wear out, you can replace them with new ones.
- The special polishing wheel in step 3 can be easily cleaned, once they get dirty and their polishing operation decreases. You will find a special switch for this on the back of the device.
- The model 120 is designed for grinding and sharpening both plain and serrated edges.
- The machine rearranges the serrations of a serrated knife and sharpens the tips in step 3. Tip: a knife with plain edge, which is sharpened on the model 120, will be much nicer to use for cutting a sandwich or tomato than a serrated knife.
- Model 120 does not sharpen scissors, you will need model 500 for that. This uses diamond abrasive wheels and similar technology, but a different angle, and puts a sharp edge on a variety of scissors.
- This sharpening device also sharpens folding- and huntingknives. Of course, this only works if the blades fit well into the slots of the machine.
- If your knives are really blunt, we advise to read the instructions in the manual before use. You can also use step 3 on it's own, to refine the edge of a knife which is not yet truly blunt, but has just lost the razor edge.
- Operating model 120 is fairly easy; after switching the machine on, you slowly pull your knives through the slots. The built-in springs keep the knife pressed to the conductors, which will automatically generate the right sharpening angle, without guessing.