Sharpening your pocket knives? You can do it yourself!
So your pocket or outdoor knife is in need of a fix? Peeling your apples has become a day-job and packages are difficult to open? Why not sharpen your knife yourself? If is not difficult at all, anyone can do it. Even after sharpening a couple of times you will already start saving money and end up with razor-sharp knives. Who wouldn’t want that?
Fast & easy or razor-sharp?
When sharpening your knives keep in mind that you can do two things. On the one hand you can sharpen them quickly and easily, leaving you with reasonably good results. Perfect when you don’t have a lot of time or are not in the mood to become an expert. On the other hand you can strive for razor-sharpness: it might take a little more time and effort, but you end up with a much sharper blade. Soon even sharper than it was when you held it for the first time. The choice is yours!
How do you wish to sharpen your knives?
Quickly and easily sharpen your own kitchen knives
Ah, you want to sharpen your knives without the fuss? Great! Let’s make it happen! With these sharpening methods that will suit any budget you will go a long way.
- Very affordable option: you cannot make sharpening any cheaper.
- Quick to use, within minutes you will have a sharp pocket or outdoor knife
- Great for on the road! Throw it in your backpack and you will always have sharp knives no matter where you go.
- Not all pocket knives can be used for this coarser way of sharpening. When you own a rather expensive pocket knife we recommend you use a different sharpening method.
Spyderco- 204MF Sharpmaker
- Easy to use: you keep your knife in the upright position while you move it. The slope of the steel determines the sharpening angle.
- Designed by pocket knife pioneer Sal Glesser, recommended by knife maker Chris Reeve.
- Can also be used to sharpen kitchen knives, fish hooks and serrated knives.
- Instruction DVD included.
- Different sharpening steels available to complete your set
Work Sharp Multi Sharpener, Ken Onion Edition
- Amazing, incredibly fast sharpening machine, designed by knife maker Ken Onion.
- Very versatile; sharpens pocket knives, outdoor knives, kitchen knives, scissors and axes.
- For razor-sharp knives when you use all the grain sizes.
- Different accessories available that will help you make your knives even sharper
For razor-sharp pocket knives
Razor-sharp still isn’t sharp enough for you? You don’t mind putting in a little more effort and time? Awesome! We have the best methods for you to get exactly what you are looking for. Factory sharp? We can do better than that!
Lansky De Luxe Sharpening System
- Controlled angle sharpening system to sharpen blunt knives and polish razor-sharp knives.
- Fixed controlled sharpening angle. The right angle. Always.
- Many different stones are available. Even stones for bent or serrated knives.
- Not that great when you own (very) long knives.
Wicked Edge-sharpening systems
- Controlled angle sharpening to sharpen your blunt knives and polish razor-sharp knives.
- The knife is secured, you only have to move the sharpening stones! You can do no wrong!
- Can also be used to sharpen pocket and outdoor knives.
- This system comes in various versions. In addition, there are dozens of accessories available to expand the system.
- Even the most tough and hard (powder) types of steel can be sharpened with the diamond stones on a Wicked Edge.
- Expensive, but the best thought-out system that will leave you with the best results.