- Sharpening: the basics
- Sharpening your own knives!
- Use of a Japanese whetstone
- How often do you need to sharpen your knives?
- Sharpening methods
- Knife sharpeners put to the test
- Naniwa vs. Shapton
- Top-10 most popular sharpening products
- Sharpening stone, whetstone, water stone: the meaning behind
- What is stropping?
- Five reasons to sharpen your knife
Knife sharpeners: sharpen and maintain your knives
Sharpening stones, sharpening systems, electric sharpening machines and sharpening steels: with sharpening products you keep your (kitchen)knives in great condition. After all, it doesn't matter how good the knife actually is, in time it will need to be sharpened. You can’t avoid it, over time each knife will become blunt when you use it. Little burs emerge on the blade making it broader which is something you will notice in the kitchen. Cutting will no longer be effortless and the slices won’t be as thin. Therefore we give you the following advice: sharpen your knives regularly.
What strop should I use?
Knife sharpening & maintenance